We believe that building your new home should be an exciting and enjoyable journey with a builder you trust. That’s why we’ve compiled some important considerations to help you ask the right questions when choosing your build partner.
Who are they?
- Are they a licensed, trade certified builder?
- Are they well established? Find out how many homes the builders has completed and how long they have been in business. This will indicate the builder’s reliability and their financial stability.
- Most importantly, do they offer a structural guarantee?
Do you understand your quote?
- Does you quote include all extras and options? What isn’t included?
- How much deposit do you need to pay and what do you lose if you cancel?
- When will the builder give you a final price?
- Do you get to keep the reports you have paid for like soil tests, if you cancel the build?
- How long will your build take? What provisions are there in the contract for build timeframes?
What services does your builder deliver?
- Do they have a clear step-by-step process for the build process of your home?
- Do they have a site manager who will manage your home build and be available to answer your questions?
- Are there experienced New Homes Consultant on hand to provide guidance with fixtures, finishes and colours?
- Do they have a select showroom you can visit for decorating advice?
- Is there a point of contact available to you at all times during the build?